Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Thank You, Norton Anthologies

I have been rather rude. 

I've stumbled into this preoccupation or hobby called blogging.  Because of the Internet I'm literally connection to the entire world. 

Now we, whomever ends up reading this and whomever I end up reading, following, friending, etc..., are part of a community.  And this is where I get to the point of this blog.

I'm obsessed with sharing stories. The Bard trope is my favorite.  Through stories we can empathize, laugh, cry, curse, and learn together.  Another reason why I love stories is because I'm an English nut with a raging creative erection.  How else would I weave my love of story telling and the manipulation of the English language together?

A blog was the perfect answer.

So this is my space for you folks out there who feel as any human feels. 

I'm going to ramble and say things like "Sorry, this story is about dead babies," and "Yes, I love furry things like the retard from Of Mice and Men," but it's for you guys.

Find entertainment, boredom, love, hate, stalker tendencies, and strange fictional righteousness boners in my stories.  My only goal is to create some emotional experience in the fellow meatbags of the world. 
However, please bear with me those who don't like the following and ever growing list of potentially annoying English major mannerisms:

·       Stream of consciousness writing
·       Tangents
·       Experimentation with language
·       Inconsistency with Grammar because I'm human
·       Poetry
·       Usage of literary elements, rhetoric, satire, and your mother

The list could go on for a while.  My love for the English language is not a love so much as an obsession. 

The human experience is amazing from an observer's and artist's perspective.  And from that an infinite amount of realities are borne from raw sensory data of the world around you.  

Realities that exist in Family Guyesque tangents.  Slivers of comedy, drama, horror coloring your day in day-dreamed thoughts. 

Take these seeds of potential and nuture them into this--a blog.

I hope you guys enjoy this joy ride as much as I may.  Analyze that fellow English nerds!

Love,

Mia Hermia

1 comment: